Here we are nearly at the end of another month. Where is the time going?
After what I wrote last time I ended up working on different things! Typical of me. I sent out a poem to the Winchester Poetry Prize, one I had written as part of the course City Tales. I've hardly sent anything out lately.
I am now working on re-writing the ending to the piece my friend read through for me, but before that I went back to the novella and did another edit, (this is the 4th version but more than four edits) and this has now been forwarded for feedback. There have been substantial edits on this. I deleted some parts and re-wrote a lot of new material. Reading it now, I feel I might be getting to close to a final edit. Is there ever a final edit?
Last week I finally got my hands on Sutton Writer's anthology.There is a lot happening within the group, all exciting stuff, some of which I will be part of.
My flash piece entitled Silent Speaking is finally live on Wildfire Words website. As well as the text, you can hear me reading it. Somehow I survived the Zoom showcase, but I was glad when it was over. Zoom meetings are so stressful for me and I really struggle to take part in them.
I'm away for a few days next week and I've been sorting my reading material. Having been to the library on Monday, I borrowed the next LJ Ross book in the DCI Ryan series. I daren't start it too soon as I know I will devour it before I even go away! I have borrowed another book about Surrey's past. Before the boundary changes, we lived in Surrey, but we are now part of a London Borough. Some of the places mentioned in the book are now also part of a London Borough. I do enjoy a little local history, so I shall begin with that book.
I will take my notebook with me in case the muse hits. As I'm walking another section of the Thames Path, it might well hit as I write a lot about the Thames. At the moment, I'm worried about how hot it will be. We may have to start early in the morning so we're not walking in the worst of the heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment