Pages

Friday 19 January 2024

January update

 


Belated Happy New Year. I cannot believe we are already on the 19th day of January. Christmas seems a long time ago. I'm already reading my fourth book of year, and I've had some good news too. After submitting a piece six months ago to Aayo magazine I received an email on New Year's Day to say they were going to publish it. You can read The Tomorrow Box here.

I have also had another piece of work published with Streetcake ezine. This caused me some problems in formatting and is different to my usual work. Issue 88 can be downloaded for free. My piece, Poetry Sudoku can be read near the end of the magazine.

I had a rejection of a short story with TSS, but I received some very helpful feedback and some lovely comments. They are going to be running some feedback and close reading sessions and I have signed up. I'm sure this will prove helpful.

At the end of the month I will starting a nine week online course with Indie Novella, and speaking of novellas, I've discovered a plot hole in the novella I've currently been editing. Hopefully, I can work that out. I have to say I'm a little stuck on my ending which I am changing from the original. There's still a bit of work to do on this.

I hope to send out more submissions this year as I rather missed doing so much of that last year. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on replies to my novella submissions last year. I wonder how long one should wait before either querying or trying somewhere else?

My new writing diary is getting some use. and I will try to keep that up.

Until next time, happy reading and writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news, Heather. You have worked so hard for this and I am so glad you are now a well published author. Well deserved success