Pages

Thursday 21 December 2023

It's nearly Christmas!

 This will be my last post until after Christmas, when I shall put together my review of the year. Well, the last Christmas card has been written, posted or hand delivered, and I have just two small presents still to wrap. Today has been taken up with making my easy-peasy no-cook marzipan sweets and a second batch of vegan spice biscuits. Mince pies were made last weekend and my son has asked if we can have a fruit cake this year. I've not made a traditional Christmas cake for many years as no one likes Royal icing. Over the years, I've made a sponge cake topped with water icing (decorated with a Father Christmas, tree etc!), a cranberry cake and a fruit loaf. A last visit to the shops tomorrow morning should hopefully get me everything I need for Christmas. I've got this!




I've indulged in a few Christmas concerts, including one by the choir I used to belong to. I met my friend who proofreads for me there, which was just lovely. Then there was the last concert I took part in with two other choirs. That was a special evening.

So, what have I been writing? Well, actually I've been editing. I went back to the story I wrote recently and did a first edit. It still needs a tweak, but it's almost there. The Island (working title) is another long  story which I actually wrote back in 2018. This is the first time I have been back to it. A good edit was needed and I am re-writing the ending as I changed bits, as you do! I think this might fall into the YA category.

Working hard on editing

My last piece of news for this year is that I am about to have another poem published. There was a squeal of delight when I received the email from Streetcake online journal. They only publish experimental poetry, so this is a first for me. I rarely write it, so I was really pleased to have my poem picked. I'll post a link when it is published.

Well, that's it folks. I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and hope you get lots of books (that's what I'm hoping for!)


Here is a song from Syrinx filmed at the concert I was singing in. This is the only song we could say was Christmassy - a Finnish Reindeer herding song. Enjoy.

 


No comments: