Pages

Thursday 22 December 2022

Getting to the end of the year

Covent Garden

 This is my last my post for the year. In January I'll posting a review of this year. For now, I can say that these last two months have been a trial, mainly due to ill health. In the later stages of October I had a hacking dry cough which lasted about five weeks. As that was leaving I came down with a rotten cold, which is still with me. My hubby now has it and my son has a sore throat!

In between coughing (it's now a chesty cough and hubby and I have simultaneous coughing sessions!) and lounging on the sofa for a week, I've managed somehow to get my last submission of the month sent. It means I have completed my goal of submitting at least five pieces per month throughout 2022. Yay! Hear the popping of champers! Er...no. I'm not up to alcohol yet.

There were a couple of successes too. Visual Verse published my poem I Am Who I am, and I had a piece of flash fiction published by Foxglove Journal. I also have two pieces coming out in January, which I will tell you about next year.

These successes helped keep me going as I had to cancel all my plans for last week as I was too ill to do anything, which included two concerts I was to sing in. 

I did complete the poetry course with Julia Webb and received the critque for four poems yesterday. I always find Julia's comments very insightful, helping me to move forward with the poems. Somehow I missed the Mslexia Salon on projects. It was in my diary and I remembered it earlier in the day. I was actually on my laptop at the time! I think I was trying to do to many things, something I must learn from next year. Try not to over commit myself. Mmm!

I had my first meet up with a friend yesterday, the first in almost two weeks, and though I struggled, it was nice to have a catch up. Today, I'm feeling much improved, so maybe I'm seeing the back end of this cold at last. I still have presents to buy! 

Whatever your plans for Christmas, I do hope it is a healthy and happy one. See you in the New Year.

Christmas lights
 in the road between Charing Cross station
 and Embankment tube.


No comments: