Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2022

August - what a month


I was so excited when Popshot arrived this month and I saw my flash piece inside with great illustrations. I've been on a high ever since. Other things have been happening too. I was longlisted in The Poetry Kit Spring Poetry Competition, but sadly never made it to the next level. And there has been other longlisted work which I've not heard about since. In the meantime, I have had a poem accepted by Aayo magazine and am just waiting for that to be published.

During the heatwe I've been reading through my 'to read pile' and the pile has drastically reduced. I've also had a clear out of books and donated loads to Oxfam and The Princess Alice Hospice shop. Not all of these books were recently read ones. I looked through shelves where hardback books have sat for years and ruthlessly culled them. There will be more to go.

Earlier this month I offered to do some beta reading for another author who wanted to know if her latest book in a series, stood alone as it was. As I'd not read her first book I could give her a true answer to this while enjoying a free read.

I'd like to say that I have been writing loads, but sadly not. The odd poem, a little free writing with a  friend and a bit of editing. As we draw into autumn and the weather changes I expect to knuckle down and write (hmmm!).
The Apartment Below Me, my flash piece in Popshot








No comments: