Pages

Sunday 31 October 2021

Taking the plunge



You may have noticed the badge on my blog today. I am taking tiny steps into self-publishing. The first step was to become a member of The Alliance of Independent Authors. I did this over a month ago and last weekend I attended their online conference themed on the craft of writing.

I have a small book, a Novella-in-Flash, which I will be launching in eBook and paperback. This is somewhat daunting as I try to get a handle on jargon, learning software and marketing strategies. These things are out of my comfort zone, as I am sure they are for many people the first time they self-publish. Mistakes are bound to happen at first, but one day it might all become automatic. I can but hope!

At present I am sticking with this blog because there are so many other things to learn that to change it would just add to the stress. However, I hope that shortly I will have something to offer you.



No comments: