Pages

Monday 11 January 2021

Year Review


I didn't think I would bother reviewing my output, sucesses and failures from last year, but sometimes it does help to get things into perspective.

Last year I only submitted to publications that I like/read, or felt I had something that fitted a competition/theme. It was less random. What my list shows is that I submitted far more poetry than anything else. Here is a breakdown:


Poems submitted           31 - Three have been published, one is about to be, and two I am still waiting                                                    on.

Flash submitted              7 - Three were published.

Short stories submitted  5 - One was highly commended and may appear in a future Anthology.

Pamplet submissions     2

Novel in flash                1

The poetry and flash are all (except for one) published by either Visual Verse or Paragraph Planet. I had one other poem published but the acceptance came the year before! The People's Friend work so far in advance that I forget about them once I've had the acceptance, as it can be six months or more before publication. The two waiting poems are at The People's Friend for (hopeful) publication at the end of this year!

Last year I also got three projects completed - my year of poems, and two novellas that I had been struggling to finish. I also wrote my first novel in flash, and took two online poetry courses, and a poetry prompt challenge. 

As for this year, I don't have any plans or projects in the pipeline, apart from learning about self-publishing. Also there is certainly a lot of editing I could do with the novellas. For now I am taking a break as I had a full-on December to get my Christmas based novella finally completed after about three years. Never has so few words taken so long!

No comments: