Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Three successes and a wallchart

Just to say that the prize draw book (Mslexia Indie Presses Guide)  went to fellow blogger Sue Flint. Do pop over there for a read. of her blog. Congratulations, Sue! It's on it's way.

I've been plugging away at submissions and on Sunday I was published by Paragraph Planet, a short 75 word piece, and today I have another flash story on Visual Verse. I love their picture prompts. They offer great challenges. This month's one certainly was! I head over there at the beginning of each month to see what they've come up with and try to submit every time. I find this great practice and all the prompts I've responded to have brought very different pieces, things I might not normally write. Why not head over there and see if for yourself what they are doing.

Finally after those frantic last submissions of December to the Kingston Library Poetry Competition I heard that I had won second prize. My poem is due to be uploaded on their website this week (hopefully) and I have a £20 book token coming. Unfortunately there is no prize giving night but they've just splashed out on a total re-fit of the library (due to open later this month) and probably can't afford the refreshments!

With Writing magazine came a great Writing Year Planner. I have no space of my own in which to write so hubby suggested I stick it on the lounge door. So that's where it is. I've written in my successes this year so far (pink highlighter) and how many submissions I make a month (6 in January) and all the good stuff like the Brighton Write By the Sea Conference I'm attending in April and my walking holiday. No failures are allowed on this chart. This is purely for encouragement and everything good.




No comments: