Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Flash Fiction success

Excitement, excitement.  I was lying in bed composing words in my head the other night (as you do) and I had an idea for a short piece of writing.  I should have written it down but I hoped I'd remember it by morning (strangely I often can) so when I got up I wrote it down.  It had to be 75 words exactly for submitting to Paragraph Planet.  Believe it or not I didn't have enough words!  I expanded it and hey-presto I  sent it off.  Within a couple of days I had a reply and.....yes, they have published it on their website.  I am so thrilled as this is the first flash fiction piece I have ever had published (and to be honest I have rarely written flash fiction but this is something I want to do more of).  This was one of those that 'wrote itself'.  I don't even know where the idea came from.  I wish writing always went that way but it's back to the graft now.

No comments: