Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Writing Challenge

The small stone challenge is over and I managed to stick with it.  Their dedicated Facebook page is still open so people can still post.  The new suggestion is a Small Stone Sunday and I did manage a post on Sunday. But what now?

I would like to get back to the story I am writing but time is against me still.  There is too much going on at present.  I only have myself to blame and I knew it would be like this but basically I have over committed myself in other areas.  So please bear with me over the next six weeks or so.  There are likely to be more posts on my other blog than here for now.

To keep you going here is a writing challenge:

Find a postcard or a picture in a magazine of a place, find a picture of a man or woman and write about their character, what they do, their family, personality, desires in life.  You could even find a picture of a child and see life through their eyes.  Now put the person into the location of the postcard/picture and write a short story (up to. 1000 words) or a poem.  Why are they there, what do they see, what happens?

Feel like sharing?  Please do!

No comments: