Pages

Sunday 3 September 2017

Motivation...come to me!

To try and get myself writing properly again I have signed up for Kickstart Your Creative Heart with For Books Sake. It runs through the whole of September and we have our own Facebook group. In the last couple of days there have been the introductions and the first prompts. They have certainly got the group communicating. The first day I ended up with a flash fiction piece. I struggled with it and wasn't satisfied. Too depressing - maybe a reflection of how I've been feeling about my writing for rather loo long. Then that night after I was woken by my son finding a large spider near the loo as he was about to sit down (that's another story) I went back to bed and an idea popped into my head. I should have got up and written it then, but no, I wrote it in my head - the whole thing! It kept me awake for a very long time.

In the morning I was at the laptop almost as soon as I got downstairs and typed it out, and yes, I'd remembered nearly all of it. It ran to around 2,400 words! Based on the same prompt this was fun to do and I really like it. I shared one paragraph with the group (today it was about sharing something we had written in the last two days) and it has been well received. I am now editing it and hope to get it into shape for a submission somewhere sometime.

I don't think I'll get a story every time, though it would be great if I could. Let's see what happens over the month. I'll let you know how it's going.

No comments: