Pages

Sunday 3 April 2016

NaPoWriMon - Day 3 - The fan letter

The prompt today for NaPoWriMo is to write a poem in the form of a fan letter to a celebrity. Well, there is one man I drool over (sorry hubby!) though I have been told by a friend in Italy that there he is a minor celebrity, but here, for me, he is my number one!

This is very tongue in cheek and written in the form of a limerick. Rather more than a fan letter really...I got carried away! I hope it gives you a laugh. I certainly had fun writing it.

The Fan Letter
(to Michele Riondino)

I’m sure you get letters like these
All the time but mine’s different, so please
Just hear what I’m saying
It’s no game I’m playing
I just want to see you striptease!

I think you are sexy and hot
And I’d like to see all that you’ve got
Could you ‘yes’ my request
And I’ll give you my best
In fact I will give you my lot.

I’m glued to the box when you’re on
And I’m heart broken when you are gone
But I’ve got the box set
And it’s just like we’ve met,
Get ready coz I’ll see you anon.

There’s one thing I need you to know
My Italian is poor and so slow
Do you come with subtitles?
Though words are not vital
Our bodies will speak like a pro

My mobile and email are waiting
My heart and my body pulsating
For a word of reply
Send me tickets, I’ll fly

And soon we’ll be formally dating.

Michele Riondino, star of The Young Montalbano

No comments: