Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Guildford Flower Festival

I was unsure which of my blogs to put this on but as it has a poetry theme it's ending up here.

Part of  'The Soldier' display (Rupert Brooke)
Yesterday I went with a group of ladies to Guildford Cathedral Flower Festival.  I had never been to the cathedral before so it this was a good opportunity to do so and take in all the flower arrangements.  People must have spent hours and a lot of money in putting these displays together.  Each one was based on a poem from Rupert Brooke, John Betjeman, Carol Ann Duffy, Gerard Manley Hopkins and many, many more.  The exhibits were put together by the various churches in the Guildford Diocese and they were just stunning. I took about fifty photos and have just a small selection for you here.

It was a lovely day out and shows what the imagination can do.

Based on 'Valentine' by Carol Ann Duffy



From 'The Diary of a Church Mouse' by John Betjeman

No comments: