Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

The long poem and books

It seems a while since I was here but I'm still chugging along.  I have in fact been writing some poetry in the last few days.  You remember that earlier in the year I discussed the possibility of writing a long poem?  Well, today I have managed a poem that goes over the page!  In fact the last few poems I have written have been longer than what I usually write.  So far they exist just on paper, have had some quick edits and will make it onto the computer soon now.

I was feeling really low yesterday for some reason so I took myself out and did the rounds of the charity shops and came home with four books - two by Susan Hill, one by Kate Atkinson and Sadie Jones's The Outcasts.  My stack of fiction has depleted so a good excuse to seek out some new ones.  Last week I also bought two books in a 'buy one get one half price' deal.  Dear oh dear, where will it end?

At present I'm reading Helen Dunmore's Talking to the Dead which has become quite sinister.  I'm nearing the end and it's picking up speed so I'm reading at every opportunity.  I shall take it with me when I go up to London later.  I have my last art history class and I can read the book on the train or when I have dinner. I  have decided to have one last meal at Morley College especially as a few of us are going out for a drink after class. We did this last week after the class met at the National Portrait Gallery and it was nice to get to know people better.  I think we should do it after the first class as it would break the ice and we would all be more relaxed.  Our tutor came with us last week too.

No comments: