Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

NaPoWrMo - Day 7 - a tritina

I missed yesterday's poem. Not sure how that happened, but I have been busy editing so that's my excuse. So today's NaPoWriMo prompt is to write a Tritini - a shorter cousin of the  sestina. The form is three, three line stanzas, and a final concluding line. Three end words are used to conclude the lines of each stanza in the pattern of ABC, CAB and BCA and all three end words appear in the final line.

Hopefully, I've managed to keep to the pattern (I'm sure someone will tell me if I haven't!). Here it is:

Colours of life
(A tritina)

Orange and yellow are colours of life,
filling up my soul and keeping me warm.
They are my heartbeat running through my blood.

When winter tips her hat and cools my blood,
celebrating earths whitely gift of life,
I dwell on colours that will keep me warm.

Soon the skies will blue while the sun will warm
to run in golden colour through my blood,
and summer will bring all things back to life.

Life is a golden hue, rich and blood warm.


No comments: