Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

NaPoWriMo - Day 20. kenning poem (I think, sort of!)

And so we reach day 20 of NaPoWriMo and I'm still hanging in there. Today's optional prompt is to write a Kenning poem, which is using two word phrases to describe something in metaphor  - I think I've got that right! I don't think I've quite got this one, though, as looking at my poem I have only two different two word phrases. Anyway, I'm on the right track.

Windmill

You sideways-spinner
whirling through the air,
windblown and alone.

When you are silent,
your sails halted by stillness,
those long arms of yours stretch,

pointing star-like,
and then there you go again
creaking as the wind puffs up

circling, cutting a fine shift,
round and round, moaning

softly to the whine of the wind.


No comments: