Pages

Thursday 14 April 2016

NaPoWriMo - Day 14 - the san san (hopefully!)

One day soon I might have a day when my poetry is not rushed! Today's prompt for NaPoWriMo was a real tricky one - something called a San San. It is similar to a Tritina, which came up last week. The rhyme scheme is a-b-c-a-b-d-c-d and repeats three times the terms or images. I’m not sure I’ve quite got that as well as the example used on the NaPoWriMo website but with my time restricted this is as good as it gets for now!

You may have noticed that almost every post I’ve written for this challenge has included a photo. Once I had started this I decided to keep to it, and today I wanted to share something I saw today while as the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising in West London (more about that on my other blog when I’ve time!). There was a beautiful garden which was such a delight and in it was a lemon tree. It made me think of Italy and Sicily, and of course there is a photo.


 The Citrus Tree

And lemons grew in that beautiful place  
where people drank tea, ate cake and talked
while the sun shone down on the citrus tree,
and in dappled light on tea and cake, a trace
fluttering on benches, the pond, where people walked.
And the lemons grew under London skies,
a citrus tree - sun yellow, there for you and me;
lemons in the tea garden, a delightful surprise.


No comments: