Pages

Friday 15 April 2016

Day 15 - NaPoWriMo - Doubles

So who's the early bird this morning? Day 15 of NaPoWriMo and here we are half way through the challenge. While it seems a long haul it is getting me back thinking in lines of rhyme and rhythm while experimenting. I've done a lot of that with my poetry - running with ideas. Today's optional prompt is to write a poem that incorporates the idea of doubles. The website suggests using couplets or writing about things that come in twos.

This poem I began with the idea of couplets and then seemed to want to do other 'doubly things'. I'm sure there is a term for this form of poetry. There are echoes of something here (someone tell me what it is?). I've repeated lines in some sort of order. I'm sure it can be improved - this was actually a second attempt as the first was more repetitive and I didn't like it. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this either but I wanted to do something different. So here it is:

Double Take

I see myself on the street,
Glare back, cock my head.

I turn to the window
Cock my head, glare back.

I see myself on the street
My reflection follows,

Glare back, cock my head.
I turn to the window,

My reflection follows;
I see myself on the street.




No comments: