Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

And the results are announced.....

It's been hell sitting on this one but finally I can reveal that I am the second prize winner in the single poem category of New Writer's 17th Annual Prose & Poetry Competition 2013. I was over the moon with this. My winning poem was one of those that wrote itself. I sat down with the intention of writing a long poem and it just flowed. There wasn't weeks of agonsing edits. It came fully formed and when I read it out at a poetry class my tutor said 'you are going to submit this somewhere aren't you?' Well, I did. It had previously been turned down and unlike me I did no further edit as I was please with it as it was. It just goes to show that poems have to be in the right place at the right time.  I'm now looking forward to seeing it printed in The New Writer magazine soon.

No comments: