Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Aspirations #wpad July challenge



ASPIRATIONS 

I would like to think that someday I might have a book of poetry published.  That at least is the aim.  However, I still feel that I have a way to go yet, a few steps to be taken on the way.  I am submitting my poetry to different magazines and hope that one of the 'top' ones might publish me eventually.  Last year I submitted poems to a competition for a pamphlet publication.  I had never done that before and it was a real learning curve and sometime I will do that again and hopefully better!

I guess I would like to think I might have the guts to stand up and read at an open mic session but I suffer with anxiety.  At heart I am a shy person, an introvert with an extrovert trying to escape!  I know I should put myself out there more but it's hard.  I am getting better but if I feel too anxious I will back off.  Some days I can handle it others not.  My friends don't see me that way and say that I am confident - huh!  I must hide it well.  I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this, especially when your words are on show.

So, I have my stages to work through, well a strategy anyway.  And I aspire to being the best writer I can be by continually learning and reading and practicing to edge forward to that book.  And I hope that others will identify with my writing and enjoy it, get from it what I did on writing it.


No comments: