Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Keeping up with with it all

If only I had time! (Chichester Cathedral clock)
Today I've sent off two poems to the Bridport Prize.  These are new poems written within the last week which I am particularly pleased with but hope I have not been to quick to send them out as normally I let them rest for  a period of time.

I don't know about you but I find it hard to keep up with the world of writing.  There are writing magazines I read which I glance through on receiving then realise the next one has arrived and I never read the previous one!  I like to read poetry books, poetry mags I subscribe to, keep up with whatever current course I am doing as well as using other exercises to get me writing, keep an eye on possible competitions (and submit within the deadline) and then I actually need to physically write something!  Of course there are always things to distract me, which is bad enough, but also have commitments in my life and hobbies to pursue (and we all need balance to our lives). I've actually spent a lot of time on my writing in the last week while also catching up on those outstanding magazines so I am feeling quite pleased with myself.  I know it won't last but hey, what would I find to write about if life was that straightforward and simple?

No comments: