- It has 5 stanzas, each with three lines and a final one of four lines
- The first line of the first stanza is repeated as the last line of the second and fourth stanzas
- The third line of the first stanza is repeated as the last line of the third and fifth stanzas
- These two refrain lines follow each other to become the second to last and last line of the poem
- The rhyme scheme is aba. The rhymes are repeated according to the refrains.
Got that? If it's as clear as mud check out Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas,
One Art by Elizabeth Bishop or Reading Scheme by Wendy Cope. Click the links to read them.