Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Always read the small print

Check everything before you send it out. I once made the mistake of leaving out the cheque for the entry fee to a competition. Luckily they were understanding. You learn from these things. Now I always read all the rules and double check what's in the envelope before I seal it.

Today I have put an entry into the Arvon Postcard Competition after my fourth edit! I began with a free verse poem but it felt like it wanted to be rhymed so I rewrote it with rhyme. Having read the entry details again I decided I wasn't happy with it and rewrote it completely but as flash fiction then put line breaks into it and made it a free verse poem! I'm sending it before I change my mind again.

I love humorous verse so to finish today here is a favourite of mine, Roger McGough. I've seen him live and I have never laughed so much.

1 comment:

Alibren said...

Hi! I loved the Roger McGough poem, really funny, and delivered very incisively!