Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Live Canon at the Boulevard Theatre, Soho

View from the first floor,
Boulevard Theatre
At the weekend I received an invitation from Live Canon to the launch night of four poetry pamphlets. This event happened last night in the bar of the Boulevard Theatre, Soho, and I was pleased to be able to go along. It was an opportunity to introduce myself to Helen who runs Live Canon, and who has been giving me such encouraging feedback on my poetry, and to hear a clutch of poetry readings.

The evening was lovely and had a great mix of poetry from each of the four poets - Miranda Peake, Katie Griffiths, Robin Houghton and Tania Hershman. It was nice to catch up with Robin Houghton who I have met before. You can read her thoughts on last night here.

The bar area of the theatre was a nice space for this event. The theatre has only been open for five weeks and is pretty impressive from what I saw, this includes the ladies (I always rate venues on their facilities and these were excellent).

After a lovely evening it was time to head home. London was still busy with shoppers and the lights sparkled on the wet roads.

Katie Griffiths, Tania Hershman, Miranda Peake and Robin Houghton

Helen from Live Canon


Oxford Street


...
Regent Street

No comments: