Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Giving feedback

I dread giving feedback on other peoples work but the new online Poetry School feedback course has started and that's what we all have to do.  However, I feel rather out of my depth.  Some on the course are much more experienced than I and are giving quite in depth feedback to everyone's poems.  It's been a little scary!  But I have gingerly done my first lot of feedback, brief though it was, and it seems I'm not alone and one or two others feel the same way. I guess the confident ones will always be first to make moves and the rest of us have to learn to take the plunge.  I agonised over some poems and there was one I just didn't understand and was at a loss to know what to say. I wonder if it's just me not seeing it. I hate being negative and try my best to find something to be positive about.  I'd hate to hurt peoples feelings as I know what that feels like.

Tutor feedback is due in a weeks time.  It will be interesting to see what she says.  I'm actually more interested in what she makes other peoples poems - I might learn something!

No comments: