Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

#wpad July challenge - My bio

MY BIO

I live with my husband, two grown up sons and two mad guinea pigs south west of London.  I have always written but began submitting bits and pieces while taking a general writing course with The Writers' Bureau - which I never completed - in 1990/91, though I did have several readers letters and an article published.

I switched mainly to poetry after my father died in 1996 and since then have been published in various anthologies and small press magazines.  Lately I have been dipping a toe into flash fiction and have been published on paragraph planet.

I find my writing ideas from the world around me.  I write about nature, religious verse, relationships and  the darker side.  There are no boundaries.  If I think I can write about it I do.

When not writing I read avidly and indulge in my passion for music in all its forms.  I also sing in a community choir, enjoy art history and being a tourist in London.

(prompt from writesofluid)

No comments: