Pages

Friday 29 November 2019

Friday musings

I've just spent an age deleting emails from all those sites you sign up to. All have Black Friday deals. I was only after two - a cheaper holiday to somewhere I actually want to go (still looking at the brochure) and bottle of cleansing water from White Rabbit - no plastic and cruelty free. It was on a half price deal and I was going to need one soonish anyway.

I was hoping to get a Black Friday deal on a new laptop but that didn't happen. However, my son has helped me and a laptop is being built to my specifications from scratch. It costs a bit extra but comes without all those annoying pre-loaded software packages that you never use but clog up space.

This morning was my over 50's racquets class and I was pretty chuffed that another lady and I took on the men at short tennis and beat them three games to one. We had sideline cheering after our points which made for great fun and laughter. There was also a point where serving changed to the other side mid way through a game. Strange and confusing, but we won that game anyway! We all had a good laugh.  Often we can't remember the score or whose turn it is to serve. It's not just us, the badminton ladies are as bad. The most often phrase heard in that hall (for short tennis) is 'let's call it deuce'!

There is only one day left for me to post in this November splurge. Only one more day to think about what to write!

Anyway, here is a little fun poem I wrote a few mornings ago when yet another grey, wet day loomed.
(Great to see the sunshine today).


Ode to the Sun

Sunshine, where art thou?
Hiding behind grey blankets,
Heavy on the cloud,
Heavy on the rain
It’s a drain on thy energy,
Thy mojo has departed thee.

If I bring forth offerings
(you name it, it’s yours),
And drape thyself at your feet
Will thou look on thee kindly
And part those pesky clouds
To shine thine rays on thee?

No comments: