Pages

Saturday 30 November 2019

A sort out day

A bit of a strange day. It began with a parcel being delivered. My son, on shutting the front door, said that it was addressed to me but it had the wrong name (right surname, wrong first name). It was from a publisher (I'm not saying who) whose competition I entered but didn't make the shortlist. I decided to open the parcel to see if I could work out what this was about. There was no correspondence just three copies of the same book. Checking inside I found the name of the person the package was addressed to - she had a story published in it. I think this was her prize as a shortlisted contestant.

Is it wrong of me to be miffed? I know mistakes happen but this made me angry, perhaps because it's been such a bad year writing-wise, this kind of rubbed my nose in it. I've sent the publisher an email - I don't think I've quite calmed down. In fact I know I haven't!

Next, I've been searching for something I cut out of a magazine last year - a tip for a home made gift. It should have been with my cookery books, but I've been through everything and it's not there. I even had one of those plastic re-usable water bottles fall on my head as it was balancing on top of the books. That didn't improve my mood and I had a go at the boys about how many they'd accumulated and I had no where to keep them.

Finally, I have two shelves of books, files and writing stuff as well as part of the shelf on the sideboard. I went through all this and have actually thrown some old notebooks out as I am sure everything is on my computer. I need the space, and sometime I will have to go through stuff individually and throw more. At least it's tidier and sorted better. I've picked a few more notebooks to go through and see if I can throw those out. It would be great to keep everything, but I just don't have room.....and no room of my own to work in. I'm considering throwing a lot of my early stuff as I've moved on from that, besides I feel I'm gradually winding down from that manic sender-out of stories and poetry. I want to get on with other things., maybe dig out my art materials and play!

Tomorrow I switch into Christmas mode with Advent services to attend, singing events to take part in, meals to consume and present shopping. (I have actually got all my cards and most presents). The stereo will blast out the usual Christmas hits of years past, as well as carols - Enya's album And Winter Came will be first to be played! If my hubby ever moves his boxes we might even get a Christmas tree up! The course with Live Canon will finish next week and apart from my daily poem that's it for this year.  And this is it for my daily blog for November (yes, I did miss a few days). I hope you've found it interesting and fun. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you again sometime.

No comments: