Pages

Friday 5 July 2019

Mslexicon - Writing Conference

Student accommodation?
No, the hermitage at Soho House,
Handsworth, Birmingham.
I wouldn't mind writing in there!
Next weekend I'm off to Mslexicon, the first ever writer's conference to be held by the magazine Mslexia. The venue is Leeds University and delegates will stay in student accommodation at Devonshire Hall. I've never been to Leeds but I have a penfriend there (yes, I'm one of those weird ones who has been penpalling since I was fourteen!). Despite social media I still write actual letters to people around the world and have friends in Japan, Australia and Europe. Anyway, he messaged me (ok social media still has its uses!) and offered to meet my train and show me a bit of Leeds.

To get a cheap train ticket I booked to arrive around two hours before I can register at the Uni, so as long as I am not too loaded down with stuff (I tend to travel light and am hoping to get everything into a rucksack) I might see a bit of the city before we head off to the Uni.

I've decided not to take my laptop because it is old and heavy and I need to upgrade it by the end of the year. Now is not the time to tackle Windows 10 and a whole new layout, besides it's been an expensive year so I need to spread the finances! I do have a Tablet and if I can get that running again (it kept re-loading time and time again last time I used it) I'll take that. Mind you it probably have millions of updates to do, so I'd better see if I can get it working soon. Otherwise I have my phone and pen and paper!

I've now run off my e-ticket with the list of my workshops and the two 1-1's. If anyone reading this is going to the event do leave a comment. Unless I can get my Tablet running I shall leave the blogging until I return. Happy writing everyone!

No comments: