Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

Where has my enthusiasm gone?

I managed one scene while away. Tapping on my mini
keyboard and tablet
This happens. I've just returned from holiday and when I'm away I pack in the visits and walk my legs off. I come home exhausted. All I want to do is sleep and read. Right now I haven't a single urge to write, though I suppose writing this IS writing, but you know what I mean.

Maybe it's because I am not currently writing a novel and most of my work is out there. During February I submitted twelve pieces. I don't think I can do that again!

Before I left home I was working on a piece for this months Visual Verse picture challenge. The new picture came in late so I was still at it at 11 o'clock at night. In the morning I was editing and re-editing and fired it off before we left for Liverpool. While I was away I had an email via Twitter to say my piece was up! So on page 26 is my poem entitled Imprint - if you want to dive over there for a read.

Today I had this niggling thought - what if I don't want to write again. I'm nothing if I'm not dwelling on something. How silly of me. I've been here before and the need to write will come again. Trying to force it won't help, so instead I shall take time to smell the flowers! Somewhere along the line a thought will enter my head and I'll be tap, tapping away.

I do have a plan for this year - a sort of three step plan. The only thing I need to do right now is work on my pitch for the Write by the Beach event at the beginning of April. The novel competition I entered in January didn't get me a deal. Just for a moment when I saw the email and read the first line my heart skipped (even though I couldn't remember what I'd sent them!) and then the downfall. I knew it was an outside chance but it still hurt.

Some of you might remember Ashington which I started to put onto a Word Press site and then when I lost my dashboard and couldn't work out what to do I pulled Ashington off and tried Watt Pad and pulled it off there too. I haven't decided what to do with it yet but I have been writing some new scenes for a sequel. I'm looking for one main plot to run through the whole thing again whilst bringing new stories to the residents of the village. I might bring into focus some villagers I only touched on before. I am bringing a new family in, so I have ideas.

I'd also like to write another crime novel but my first has so much work that needs doing. Even so I've made a start on the next. I think of this as dabbling when I have nothing else in the pipeline. I'm a bit going round in circles at present. Perhaps taking this time out will be good for me and I'll come back in a splurge. I've found that before. So here I am waiting for the muse!

No comments: