Pages

Wednesday 17 July 2013

#wpad July challenge - Traditional or DIY

TRADITIONAL OR DIY

This kind of carries on from what I was saying yesterday, though  I was talking about vanity publishing not self-publishing (very different).  I would like to go down the traditional route, in fact that is my aim.  There is a lot you need to know if you self-publish.  At a conferences I attended a couple of years ago there was a workshop on self-publishing and I still have all the hand-out sheets.  You can get a lot of help with self-publishing these days but there is also the marketing and publicity which I think I'd find too daunting to tackle.

I would like to think that my poetry is good enough for a publisher to take on one day.  At least I haven't given up hope yet!  I'm not saying I'd never go down the DIY route but as a last resort....maybe.


No comments: