Pages

Friday 24 August 2012

Shock-horror...I'm writing!

Some flowers to brighten your day!
I woke up this morning inspired to write........well it does happen sometimes!  I worked for over an hour on the chapter on rhyme in W.N. Herbert's book Writing Poetry and wrote a rather funny poem (well I think it is). 

This afternoon I have been busy submitting poems to two magazines and I had to write a short biography for one (yikes!).  Looking through my notebook of submissions I find that this month has been a hive of activity not seen since........not seen!  I don't know how that happened considering I was glued to the Olympics and had someone to stay.  Altogether I have sent out ten poems this month, three of which are for competitions and more encouraging four poems were written very recently.  How did this happen?  When did I find time to do all this?  I am still recovering from the shock.  Whatever got me going I hope it continues!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

So glad to hear you are writing. I lost the Poety Muse quite some time ago. It seems to have transferred to my son who recently wrote a wonderful poem on visiting the Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park. However, I do rather enjoy writing my Blogs and am hoping to get everything written up before my return to work next week.